Welcome back to Top Ten Tuesday! Did you grow up with a mother, grandmother, dad, grandfather or other person in your life that were quilters or seamstresses or tailors? If so, you may have been handed down an amazing tool bag of creative ways to help your sewing game. If you did not grow up in a sewing environment, you may wonder where you can find techniques to help your creative time become more productive. Here is a list of ten fantastic and free tutorials including everything from needle knowledge to recessed bag zippers from top designers and brands to help you make the most of your sewing time!
1. A Quilt without Binding by Rita from Red Pepper Quilts
2. My Favorite Interfacing Trick by Betz White
3. How to Make Needles your Friend from Checker and Schmetz Needles
4. Quilt Binding Basics by Julie from Jaybird Quilts
5. Before You Cut Your Fabric by Tilly from Tilly and the Buttons
6. Mitered Corners or Rolled Hems by Melly Sews
7. How to install an invisible zipper ( no pins needed) by Jona from Stop Staring and Start Sewing
8. How to Add a Recessed Zipper to a Tote from Channy from Stitchlab
9. Understanding Thread Tension from Threads
10. Aurifil Thread Weights by Wendi from Shiny Happy World (this post is for appliqué but the explanation of the thread weight differences and photo is great)
Find more free patterns, tips, tutorials and inspiration by following the Aurifil Pinterest boards, the Aurifil Facebook page and on Aurifilthread Instagram! All are updated daily and throughout the day to provide you with the best the sewing world has to offer!
For more information about Aurifil products, including thread weights and Designer Collections, and where to purchase from your local quilt shop or select online shop, please visit Aurifil.com.