Welcome to the third installment of our All About Aurifil series. Today we are going to learn about some of Aurifil’s new and/or specialty threads: 80wt, Cotton Floss, and Wool. But first, a continuation of our threaducation! Let’s talk about mercerized and long staple cotton. These two things go hand-in-hand so it makes sense to discuss them in the same conversation. Let’s get started!
Welcome back to Aurifil Top Ten Tuesday! Thanksgiving is almost here ( in the states) and that means that Christmas is not far behind! Have you started on your handmade holiday gifts? If not, check out these wonderful embroidery ornament patterns by Aurifil Designers that can be stitched up quickly while you are spending time with your family! Pick out your favorite colors of Aurifil embroidery floss or 12wt threads to create these sweet ornaments as gifts or for your own tree! There is a bonus of TWO extra patterns in this week’s offering!
1. Snowman Ornament by Sherri from Little Bits of This and That
2. Bird Ornament by Gail Pan Designs
3. Bell Ornament by Amy from Amy’s Creative Side
4. Christmas Stockings by Anna from Thimbleanna
5. Holly Leaves by Pat Sloan
6. Snowflake by Emily from Carolina Patchworks
7. Reindeer by Victoria Findlay Wolfe
8. Mitten Ornament by Lizzy and Beth from Lizzie B Cre8ive
9. Candy Canes by Pam Kitty Morning
10. Swedish Girl Ornament by Roseann Kermes from Rosebud’s Cottage
11. Summer Santa by Sarah Fielke from The Last Piece
12. Ice Skates Ornament by Bari J
You can find even more free patterns, tips, tutorials and inspiration by following the Aurifil Pinterest boards, the Aurifil Facebook page and on Aurifilthread Instagram! All are updated daily and throughout the day to provide you with the best the sewing world has to offer!
Welcome back to Top Ten Tuesday! Ever get that itch to stitch? Bright colorful flowers, a lovely vintage redwork, or a simple saying that means so much to you? So many people love to do embroidery! This week is an offering of ten delightful patterns and tutorials for your stitching pleasure by very talented bloggers and designers. Be sure to try Aurifil floss ( tangle free happiness) or Aurifil 12wt in either cotton or wool to make your embroidery projects extra special!
1. Let’s Get Lost Summer Bicycle Embroidery Hoop Art by Flamingo Toes
2. Tutorial: ‘Love Without Reason’ Embroidery by Sedef from Down Grapevine Lane
3. Pumpkin Spice Latte Mug Pattern by Mollie from Wild Olive
4. [embroidery project] make believe by Lindsey from Very Truly Me
5. Outer Space – Embroidery Pattern by Laura from Love the Blue Bird
6. Summer Flowers For You by Aneela from Comfortstitching
7. Autumn Blessings Stitchable by Lindsay from Fort Worth Fabric Studio
8. Blue Wren’s Nest by Natalie from Cinderberry Stitches
9. Perfect for the holidays- Snowflake Pattern! by Allison from Thirty Handmade Days
10. Embroidery Case Pattern and Tutorial by Imagine Gnats and Sew Sweetness
If you are looking for more free patterns tips, tutorials or inspiration, please follow the Aurifil Pinterest boards, the Aurifil Facebook page and the Aurifilthread Instagram feed! All are updated throughout the day to provide you with the best the sewing world has to offer!